Sausage/Kale/Goat Feta Scrambled eggs
- 1 big handful of kale from our cold frame
- 4 big eggs from a neighbor’s chickens (ours have better things to do than give us eggs these days)
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage from Deck Family Farm
- 1/4 cup goat milk from our morning milking (thanks Drama Queen!)
- 1 tbsp butter
- A few slices of goat milk feta from yet another wonderful neighbor
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wash and chop the kale while the butter warms up in a hot frying pan over medium heat. I guess medium heat; this was made on a woodstove. Once butter is bubbling a bit, quickly saute the kale, keeping it moving, just until it becomes a darker green and wilts. Remove kale to another dish, leaving pan on medium-high heat (or rather, adding wood and opening the air inlet a bit).
Break the ground sausage up into small bits in the pan and keep it moving till well browned. Reduce heat to medium and (after a final stir) pour in the egg/milk mixture. Let this cook until it’s solid about halfway through, then mix in the kale and scramble it up.
When it’s close to done, drop the cheese slices onto the top.