In my last post a few minutes ago, I related the disappointing explosion of most of our Oregon Grape wine. I looked at the only bottle that still had its cork, and noticed that the level had dropped by about 1/3; apparently it seeped through the reused cork’s corkscrew hole.
“Oh well, might as well see what’s in there,” I thought, and popped the cork the rest of the way out. POP! There may be only half a liter, but I have accidentally created a SPARKLING Oregon Grape wine, and it’s quite tasty! Next time I guess I’ll use less sugar, or wait longer before bottling, but for now I’ll just enjoy the dry, sparkling, exotic beverage that appeared by chance =)
Switch to our mobile site