Light at the end of the tunnel…

I decided to make the rear-most cabinet slatted rather than solid, partially for anything that might need a little air such as damp sleeping bags, but mostly just to do something different. Every bit of cabinetwork I’ve done here is pretty much a first time for me, so all the parts have their quirks where I learned how not to do things. (Hint: the tiny head of a finishing nail is far less distracting than Plastic Wood that isn’t perfectly matched to the real wood around it)

With this complete and a secure anchor point for the bulk propane tank, it’s really starting to come together – which is good, as we’ve got an extended road trip planned in about 6 weeks!

Quite a change from this: